Receipt Paper Rolls

How to know which type of paper roll you need?

Paper Rolls Blog Page

There are three types of paper rolls to easily identify: Thermal, Bond, and Carbonless.

Thermal paper rolls are used specifically for thermal printers. Thermal printers are usually used for your POS printers. These are the receipts you hand to your customers after a sale. A way of knowing if your printer is a thermal printer is by googling your printer model. Another way of knowing is if your printer doesn’t use ink ribbons. All these printers will use thermal paper only. Printing on any other type of paper will not imprint on receipt paper roll.

Bond paper rolls are used specifically for dot matrix impact printers, also known as kitchen printers. Impact printers are usually used in the kitchen area. These are the order receipts your kitchen staff receives for food preparation. Impact printers along with bond paper are built to withstand heat. Bond paper allows for clear, legible order receipts that do not turn black with heat. You will need bond paper roll for impact / dot matrix printers.

Carbonless paper rolls are non-carbon copy paper. It is a type of coated paper designed to transfer information written on the front onto sheets beneath. Carbonless paper comes in 2-ply or 3-ply, and are only meant to be used on impact printers.

2 thoughts on “How to know which type of paper roll you need?

  1. Anonymous says:

    Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday. Its always useful to read through content from other authors and practice something from other sites.

  2. Anonymous says:

    Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article! It is the little changes that produce the greatest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *